5. Contingencies. You’ve planned everything you can with what you know. However, there are always those things we have no control over that can affect our business, our dream. These could be governmental regulations, rise or fall of the country’s economy, pandemics, etc. Ask yourself these questions:
- What happens if you succeed?
- What happens if you don’t? What is your backup plan?
- What is in your control? What isn’t?
- How much emergency fund do you need?
Your job is to look at these items and determine which of them have a great probability of happening to you? You don’t need a contingency plan for everything that could happen. But you do need a contingency plan for the things you think might happen.
6. Commitment. No matter how big your dream, no matter how wonderful it is, if you are only committed in your heart and not your head – or only committed in your head and not your heart – you will not succeed in busting through that glass ceiling.
- On a scale of 1-10 – how interested are you in xyz? Where 10 is “this is the most interesting thing in the world to me!”
- Scale of 1-10 – how committed are you in xyz? Where 10 is “there is nothing I want to do/have/be more!”
- If you’re not at a 10, what do you need to adjust to make it a 10?
- If you’re not at a 10, is this the dream for you?
- If you’re at a 10 – DO IT!!!
Here’s what I believe – if you have a dream, then you were born to do it. You have the obligation to give your dream life and to share it with the world. Think about that. If you were born to do this, then why are you letting that voice tell you that you’re not enough? Stand up. Take a deep breath. And jump in with both feet.
Maxine says it eloquently, “Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride!”
I wish for you a life full of living boldly, loving fully, and giving freely. May you break through your glass ceilings and achieve your dreams!