A few weeks ago I wrote about What Rules are Holding You Back? because I was using this tool with a few of my clients who seemed stuck. And in the sessions they seemed to get these huge Ah Ha’s – so I wanted to share with you.
I said that 90% of our brains are the subconscious (and unconscious) that accept what we tell it about ourselves (whether we tell it positive or negative things) and then the brain looks for opportunities to prove those things to be true.
This week one of my clients told me she feels fabulous and hasn’t felt like this in years … all because she has taken this exercise we did and internalized it. She has given me permission to write this – and I think it may help you see the power of your mind and this simple process!
Here were a few of her Old Rules:
- I can’t be anything more than an assistant (even though I have a masters degree)
- I won’t be successful because I’ve made too many mistakes and I need to pay for it.
- I’ll never be a good parent.
Can you resonate with any of these?
We looked over them and she had the choice of keeping them, changing them, or creating new rules to take the place of the old rules.
Here are her New Rules:
- I am creating and envisioning a new way to make a living.
- I am successful because I recognize my strengths and gifts.
- My child is beautiful, awesome, strong and I shaped his mind and moral compass.
How powerful are these statements?!
Then we made the New Rules into I AM statements because your brain believes what you tell it I AM. So she said:
- I AM FREE
- I AM SUCCESSFUL
- I AM MOTHER
Look at the previous blog with the instructions and do these yourself. You will be astounded at the power of your mind to give you what you focus on! Then say the I AM statements and the New Rules daily (multiple times a day accelerates the process) for at least 66 days so they are ingrained in your subconscious mind and they ARE WHO YOU ARE. They are more than just words at that point – they are THE TRUTH.
Here are some of the statements she told me today – just 2 weeks of saying these new truths to herself:
- I have processed these rules so thoroughly that I feel like a new person! I’ve claimed who I am!
- Life isn’t perfect, but I realize now that everything that is lacking are simply things I haven’t done yet. It’s not a flaw anymore. It’s a whole different approach to how I see myself and what I am capable of doing. I am going forward with happiness!
- I had such a weight on my shoulders I feel like I’ve lost 50 pounds by not carrying around the incredibly heavy burden of junk.
Are you carrying around an incredibly heavy burden of junk? Are you ready for lifting that unnecessary burden from your shoulders? Go through this process and be willing to change how you see yourself. And if you want someone to go through it with you, who can ask you the questions that will help you go deeper, please contact us at Info@ApexLeadershipCoaching.com for a one-time $99 investment in changing your life.